We asked our fans on our Facebook page what are some of the funny things that they hear tenants say.
Here is the best of the list from what they had to say about repairs.
Watch our site for another article next month, as we reveal more of what tenants have to say on other topics.
Ten funny (and weird) things tenants say about repairs:
• Tenant (Calls at 5 pm on a Friday): “I have had no hot water since Wednesday. I expect someone to come around NOW to fix it!”
• “I had a tenant who rang me at 9:30 pm saying that their dishwasher wasn’t working and to send someone out right now because they pay rent to have working appliances.”
• Tenant: “I have no power. It’s an emergency!”
Property Manager: “Have you connected your electricity?”
Tenant: “Ahh, no.”
Property Manager: “What was one of the first things that I told you in your lease sign up?”
• Phone rings at 4:45 on a Friday afternoon.
Tenant: “I have no hot water. I haven’t had a chance to call sooner, but we have not had hot water for three days! Now we have visitors arriving tomorrow!”
• New Tenant: “My washing machine isn’t working.”
Property Manager: “Is it plugged into the power point and turned on?”
New Tenant: “Ummmm… no. Ok.”
• Tenant: “My air conditioning is not working. It’s only blowing cold air.”
Property Manager: “So, you have it set on the heat setting?”
Tenant: “Yes. I do know how to operate an air conditioner and how to change the modes!”
Property Manager: “Ok, but if nothing is wrong with the unit, we will have to forward you the bill.”
Tenant: “Fine, but I told you that I KNOW how to use it!”
Phone call comes in 24 hours later from the tenant: “Can you please cancel the air conditioning contractor? The batteries in the remote were flat. It’s working perfectly now!”
• There was a large burst water main in the suburb of this tenant who rang at 5:30 pm: “I have no water to the property.”
Property Manager: “I noticed a burst water main not far from you when I drove past today. If you ring SA Water on (this number) they will give you an idea of when the water will come back on.”
Tenant: “So there is no way you can get me water right now? I need a shower!”
• Tenant: “My tap is leaking. This is an emergency!”
• Tenant: “I have no hot water. It’s an electric system.”
Property Manager: “Your unit has a gas hot water system. Have you connected and paid for your gas like I advised you to do at sign up?”
Tenant: “No. I forgot. Can you do it for me now?”
• Tenant: “I have mould. What are you going to do about it?”